- Pac-Man was created by NAMCO, a game company based in Japan. The game was released for arcades in 1980 (eg. full size standalone cabinets).
- It was created in response to shooter games, with the intention of being a more fun & lighthearted option.
- It’s without question, one of the greatest video games of all time.
- Fun trivia: Originally, it’s name was Puck Man, inspired by the Japanese slang word “paku-paku,” which means to munch/chomp food.
- The plot of the game is that Pac-Man must eat all the dots in the enclosed mazed – while running from the 4 ghosts; Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde. The large dots called “Power Pellets” cause the ghosts to turn blue and while blue they can be eaten by Pac-Man for bonus points. The fruits that appear can also be eaten for bonus points. Once all the pellets have been eaten, Pac-Man advances to the next level.
- More trivia: the 4th ghost was named Sue in Ms. Pac-man, and Tim in Jr. Pac-man!
The PowerPoint template:
- Karen on the TLC Creative design took on Pac-man and developed this amazing themed full-feature PowerPoint template.
- This template features an animation where Pac-Man eats the pellets on the Title & Section Divider layouts.
- The custom color scheme is taken from the game’s original arcade colors.
Download the template here: Pac-Man_16x9-Template