Some of the TLC Creative presentation design team having some Star Wars inspired fun on this day!
The absolute classic arcade game (based on my childhood and stacks of Quarters spent at the local arcade) is Space Invaders!
Space Invaders was released in 1978, created by Tomohiro Nishikado. It is one of the earliest shooting games and the goal is to defeat waves of aliens with a laser cannon to earn as many points as possible. Above is the original promotional flyer for the video game and shows the title graphic was a bigger design element than the actual game play. The game title was designed based on the font ITC Machine.
Troy’s template integrates the game colors into the preset color scheme, has the iconic game name text treatment as vector art, and many of the actual game icons. Download the template free here:SpaceInvaders_16x9 Template
- The Nintendo Switch video game was released worldwide in March 2017. The console itself is a hybrid tablet that can either be docked for use as a home console or used as a portable device. The controllers are wireless with standard buttons and directional sticks along with motion sensing and tactile feedback. When released, in 2017, it was the world’s first hybrid console design. The game library for the Nintendo Switch is practically limitless!
The PowerPoint Template
- Christie developed a fantastic Nintendo Switch themed full feature PowerPoint template with custom icon bullets, and multiple preset layout with a static version and preset animation version.
Download the Mario Kart template for FREE! Nintendo_Switch_16x9_Template
- Xbox is a video gaming brand created and owned by Microsoft. With five video game consoles, many games, a streaming service and an internal game dev studio, Xbox Game Studios. Xbox was first introduced in November 2001. The second console, the Xbox 360, was released in 2005, followed by the Xbox One in November 2013, and the Xbox Series X and Series S in November 2020.
The PowerPoint Template
- With a dramatic theme slide animation and a library of copy/paste .png images, this is a great PowerPoint template.
Download the Mario Kart template for FREE! Xbox_16x9_Template
- Golden Axe is a side-scrolling video game released by Sega for arcades in 1989, running on the Sega System 16B arcade hardware. The game casts players as one of three warriors who must free the fantastical land of Yuria from the tyrannical rule of Death Adder, who wields the Golden Axe. The game was well received and later converted for play on many different home systems.
The PowerPoint Template:
- A full featured PowerPoint template with preset (custom) fonts, color scheme and several animated layouts.
Download the FREE, and awesome classic arcade template, here: Golden_Axe_Arcade_16x9_Template
- Pac-Man was created by NAMCO, a game company based in Japan. The game was released for arcades in 1980 (eg. full size standalone cabinets).
- It was created in response to shooter games, with the intention of being a more fun & lighthearted option.
- It’s without question, one of the greatest video games of all time.
- Fun trivia: Originally, it’s name was Puck Man, inspired by the Japanese slang word “paku-paku,” which means to munch/chomp food.
- The plot of the game is that Pac-Man must eat all the dots in the enclosed mazed – while running from the 4 ghosts; Blinky, Pinky, Inky, and Clyde. The large dots called “Power Pellets” cause the ghosts to turn blue and while blue they can be eaten by Pac-Man for bonus points. The fruits that appear can also be eaten for bonus points. Once all the pellets have been eaten, Pac-Man advances to the next level.
- More trivia: the 4th ghost was named Sue in Ms. Pac-man, and Tim in Jr. Pac-man!
The PowerPoint template:
- Karen on the TLC Creative design took on Pac-man and developed this amazing themed full-feature PowerPoint template.
- This template features an animation where Pac-Man eats the pellets on the Title & Section Divider layouts.
- The custom color scheme is taken from the game’s original arcade colors.
Download the template here: Pac-Man_16x9-Template
Game Background (because we had fun researching this blog post series!):
- The Super Mario Kart racing video game was developed and published by Nintendo for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System. Super Mario Kart was the first game in the ever-evolving Mario Kart series. It was released in Japan and North America, August 27 1992, and in then in Europe the following year in 1993. The Mario character was added four months into the game development. In the original prototype he was dressed a plain overalls – with no moustache.
The PowerPoint Template:
- Amber on the TLC Creative design team claimed Mario and developed this super fun Mario Kart Deluxe 8 themed full feature PowerPoint template, which features 3 background image versions; Race Course, Tokyo Blur, and Rainbow Road!
Here is the animated theme graphic layout:
Download the Mario Kart template for FREE! MarioKart Themed 16×9 Template
We’re celebrating the first day of Spring with this new Spring 2022 template that we’ve made available for you to download for FREE!
This spring template features retro flowers & stripes.
Thank you to TLC Creative staff designer, Karen, for this fun and vibrant full feature PowerPoint template! Click the button below to download it now.
Pantone’s Color of the Year, “Very Peri” and their inspired color scheme “Star of the Show.” Described as “a palette of classics and neutrals whose essence of elegance and understated stylishness convey a message of timeless sophistication.”
Troy on the TLC team has created a full PowerPoint template based on the fairly drab “Star of the Show” Pantone color palette.
Download our color scheme inspired PowerPoint template, free to use, HERE.
Troy @ TLC