The previous post showed our visually stylized quote marks on slides with color backgrounds. For us, the process for creating the quote mark graphics is with Adobe Illustrator.
1. First, find a great font for the quote marks. Designer Amber selected Spirax Regular, which you can download here.
2. Select the text and create outlines, which converts from editable text to vector images.
3. The spacing for the quotes was a bit to far apart. Now that they are graphic elements they are easy to select and move a bit closer together.
4. Now we want to export the graphics from Adobe Illustrator in a PowerPoint friendly vector format. Go to FILE >> EXPORT
5. Select ENHANCED METAFILE >> EXPORT
Now with the quote graphics on our computer, we are ready to add them to any slide. See the previous post (here) for details on how to format the graphics in Powerpoint.
– Troy @ TLC